||History of the town of Morrill in the county of Waldo and state of Maine
||from its first settlement in 1794 to 1887, embracing almost 100 years
||Robinson, Timothy W
||City Job Print
|Robinson, Timothy W. History of the town of Morrill in the county of Waldo and state of Maine: from its first settlement in 1794 to 1887, embracing almost 100 years. (Belfast, Me.: City Job Print, 1944).|
- This source may refer to multiple editions of the same book. If it is important to you to refer to a specific edition, you may create a separate Source page for that edition with the year of the edition in parentheses after the title.
The original 1944 publication is noted as Vol 1. No information is available on the publication of any additional volumes.
This title was reprinted in 1998 in an edition that combined this title with Source:Morse, Theoda Mears. Genealogical History of the Families of Morrill, Maine. See Source:Robinson, Timothy W. History and Genealogy of the Town of Morrill, Maine : With New Every Name Index (1998) for the combined work.
May be ordered through the nearest Family History Center. WorldCat provides information on local libraries with copies of this title.
- . Early settlers, and petition for incorporation
- . Charter of Belmont, and settlers from 1814 to 1855
- . State of Maine
- . Houses, when built, and by whom
- . Watershed, rivers, brooks, ponds, bags, meadows, hills, and valleys
- . Roads, Belmont Avenue, Main Street, Morey Road, Knox Road...
- . Title
- . Soldiers of the French and Indian War, of the Revolution...
- . Churches, preachers, Free-will Baptist Church...
- . Temperance reform...
- . Schools; Money raised by the town and the state for the support of schools...
- . Agricultural industries, corn, wheat, barley, oats, millet...
- . Mechanical industries, samp, shingles, lumber, hard and soft wood...
- . Occupations, blacksmiths, brick-makers, brick-layers, butchers...
- . Improvements in farming implements, and other improvements...
- . Sanitary, doctors, smallpox, diphtheria, and physicians
- . Postoffice, post masters, and mails
- . Distinguished persons...
- . Corporations. Cheese factory, halls, grange, grange store...
- . Causes of the depletion of the census
- . Wild beasts, birds, and fishes
- . Fires
- . Meteorology; Winds; Snowstorms, and lightning
- . Funeral ceremonies, grave yards, and burial places
- . Fatal accidents; Suicides, and murder
- . Necrology. Deaths of citizens, and others that have been citizens, and have died in other places...
- . Names of the inhabitants of Morrill on the first day of June...
- . List of town officers, justices of the peace, representatives to the legislature...
FHL film numbers