||History of Erie County, Pennsylvania
||Reed, John Elmer
||Historical Pub. Co.
|Reed, John Elmer. History of Erie County, Pennsylvania. (Topeka: Historical Pub. Co., 1925).|
- This source may refer to multiple editions of the same book. If it is important to you to refer to a specific edition, you may create a separate Source page for that edition with the year of the edition in parentheses after the title.
Volume 1 This volume serves as a sort of geographic biography/history of Erie County
- Historical index
- Chapter I. Our beginnings
- Chapter II. The mound-builders
- Chapter III. Indian inhabitants
- Chapter IV. French activities
- Chapter V. French and English rivalry
- Chapter VI. The French-struggle for title
- Chapter VII. Washingtons historic mission
- Chapter VIII. The struggle for the "Forks of the Ohio"
- Chapter IX. Pontiac causes trouble
- Chapter X. Erie County "A wilderness"
- Chapter XI. Physical geography
- Chapter XII. Our land titles
- Chapter XIII. Pioneer anecdotes
- Chapter XIV. Pioneer activities
- Chapter XV. Presque Isle, Erie, Erietown--Hamlet, Boro, city
- Chapter XVI. First mills, factories, etc.
- Chapter XVII. Early roads
- Chapter XVIII. General ("Mad") Anthony Wayne
- Chapter XIX. Oliver Hazard Perry and the Battle of Lake Erie
- Chapter XX. Erie extension canal
- Chapter XXI. The railroads
- Chapter XXII. Street and electric railways
- Chapter XXIII. Churches and religion
- Chapter XXIV. Miscellaneous
- Chapter XXV. The bench and the bar
- Chapter XXVI. Doctors, surgeons and dentists
- Chapter XXVII. Newspapers and periodicals
- Chapter XXVIII. Boroughs
- Chapter XXIX. City of Corry
- Chapter XXX. Townships
- Chapter XXXI. Our wars
- Part II. biographical history
- Biographical index
- Biographical history
May be ordered through the nearest Family History Center. Can also be searched at Ancestry.com.
FHL film numbers