First issue published 1842, last issue published 1887, at the death of Charles DeMorse -- the newspaper's founder and only publisher & editor, known since as "The Father of Texas Journalism." (His daughter attempted to continue publishing for about a year but gave it up.) Published continuously except for a period during the Civil War when DeMorse was off in Indian Territory commanding the 29th Texas Cavalry. (His nephew, John Woolridge, took over publishing duties during the War but newsprint was mostly unavailable in north Texas). The Standard was one of the most influential opinion-makers in early Texas and had, for most of its life span, the second-largest circulation in the state, with agents in Boston, Philadelphia, and New York.
Mostly complete runs of the paper are available on microfilm at the University of Texas, the Texas State Library, and the dozen or so largest public libraries in the state.