The University Archives, located in Room 1700, contains those publications and records that have historical or research value pertaining to Eastern Illinois University.
Research assistance and inventory lists are available at the Archives and at the Reference Desk.
- Contact: 581-7552 or email Bob Hillman.
- Hours: Monday 1-4 p.m.; Tuesday-Friday 8 a.m.-4 p.m. However, persons are urged to call before visiting the Archives.
- Archival materials include such items as administrative records, faculty publications, photographs, and EIU memorabilia.
- Eastern Illinois University Yearbook - The Warbler, 1919-1927
- Published yearly since 1919, and well illustrated, the Warbler conveys information on students and faculty, chronicles important cultural and sporting events, describes organizational activities, and depicts changes in the campus layout and physical plant. This collection includes every page of the first 11 volumes. Funding for this grant was awarded by the Illinois State Library (ISL), a Division of the Office of Secretary of State, using funds provided by the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS), under the federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA).
Paul Turner Sargent
The Paul Sargent database was created as part of the Digital Applications in Museums course in the Historical Administration program at Eastern Illinois University. The selections for the database were taken from two main Paul Sargent collections at the University Archives and the Tarble Arts Center, both located at the Eastern Illinois campus.
Illinois Regional Archives Depository (IRAD)
The IRAD depository, located in Room 1700, contains records of historical and genealogical significance from various governmental units in East-central Illinois.
- IRAD materials include such items as vital records, land records, wills, probate records, and jail registers.
- An inventory of the records housed at the other IRAD depositories also is available.
- IRAD, managed by the State Archives in Springfield, operates out of the University Archives.
- Contact: 581-6093
- Hours: 9 a.m.-12 p.m.; 1 p.m.-4 p.m., Monday through Friday, except state holidays. However, the IRAD depository is staffed by graduate student interns. To avoid disappointment, please call in advance of your visit. Summer 2008 Hours: 9 a.m. - 2p.m., Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday except state holidays. However, the IRAD depository is staffed by graduate student interns. To avoid disappointment, please call in advance of your visit.