Has guidance for researchers, articles, and library catalog.
The Jewish Genealogy Society of Greater Washington (JGSGW) was formed in 1980 to:
- Collect, preserve, and disseminate Jewish genealogical knowledge and information
- Promote interest in genealogical research
- Stimulate and provide instruction in the use of research methodology and adherence to standards of accuracy and thoroughness in research
- Foster careful documentation and to promote scholarly genealogical writing and publication
- Promote the preservation of Jewish genealogical records and resources
- Hold meetings for the instruction and education of its members and the general public
- Conduct such other purposes as the organization shall from time to time elect to pursue.
The Society is open to all those interested in Jewish genealogy. The Society is a member of the International Association of Jewish Genealogical Societies (IAJGS) and the Federation of Genealogical Societies (FGS).