The holdings of the Centre include:
- Church of England and Nonconformist churches including registers of baptism, marriage and burial.
- Around 35,000 wills proved by the Archdeaconry of Buckingham.
- County and District Councils (lists of councillors, minutes of meetings, etc).
- Quarter and Petty Session courts.
- Landed estates of families including the Aubrey-Fletchers, Hampdens, Carringtons and Fremantles.
- Historic maps including OS, tithe and inclosure maps
- A wide range of local history books, some for loan.
- Pamphlets and articles of local history interest.
- Local newspapers
- Computers for access to family history resources like Ancestry and FreeBMD.
- Published material is listed in the Library Catalogue.
- Catalogues to some of our manuscript material is available through Access to Archives, part of The National Archives (TNA). Their database contains catalogues describing archives held locally in England and Wales and dating from the eighth century to the present day.
The centre is adjacent to the central County Library and the Buckinghamshire Register Office (and serves as the archives for the latter). The railway station (trains from London) is less than 5 minutes away.