|Alt names||Yeddingham||source: Family History Library Catalog|
|Little Maries or De Parvo Marisco||source: GENUKI|
|Type||Village, Civil parish|
|Located in||East Riding of Yorkshire, England ( - 1974)|
|Also located in||Yorkshire, England |
|North Yorkshire, England (1974 - )|
|See also||Norton Rural, East Riding of Yorkshire, England||rural district in which the parish was situated|
|Ryedale District, North Yorkshire, England||administrative district in which it is now located|
|Buckrose Wapentake, East Riding of Yorkshire, England||wapentake in which it was located|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia
Yedingham is a village halfway between West Knapton and Allerston, 9 miles north east of Malton.
The village name is thought to mean 'Homestead of Eada and his people'
There is a small Church dedicated to St John the Baptist and the River Derwent flows through to the north of the village. The original bridge crossing the Derwent was built in 1731. This was replaced by the current bridge built in 1970.
The village hall can be found next to The Providence, a public house.
To the north of the village lies the remains of a Benedictine priory. This was home to Benedictine nuns from 1163-1539.
Prior to the nationwide municipal reorganization of 1974, Yedingham was located in Norton Rural District. Historically, it was an ecclesiastical parish in the Buckrose Wapentake.