Wymondham is a village in the Borough of Melton in Leicestershire, England. It is part of a civil parish which also covers the nearby hamlet of Edmondthorpe. The parish has a population of 623. It is close to the county borders with Lincolnshire and Rutland, nearby places being Garthorpe, Teigh (in Rutland) and South Witham (in Lincolnshire).
The village church is St Peter's; the pub is the Berkeley Arms. There is a small village shop with post office and a windmill that has been converted into a visitor attraction with tea room and craft shops. Wymondham also has a primary school and a preschool group. There is also a large playing field named after Sir John Sedley.
A disused railway line, part of the Midland and Great Northern Joint Railway branch line between Saxby and Bourne, runs just to the north of the village. The Edmondthorpe and Wymondham railway station closed to passengers in 1959 though the line remained open for ironstone freight, and HM Queen Elizabeth journeyed along it in 1967. The route was also used for holiday trips from Leicester to Skegness. The former goods yard, goods shed, station, Station House and Navvies' Cottage (Grade II Listed) are passed when travelling from the village along Butt Lane towards the windmill.
Frances Pawlett (or Paulet), a "skilled cheese maker" of Wymondham, has traditionally been credited as the person who set modern Stilton cheese's shape and style characteristics in the 1720s, but others have also been named.