|Alt names||Warochesselle||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 126|
|Type||Chapelry, Civil parish|
|Located in||Isle of Wight, England (1890 - )|
|Also located in||Hampshire, England ( - 1890)|
|See also||Newchurch, Hampshire, England||parish from which it was created in 1894|
|Isle of Wight Rural, Isle of Wight, England||rural district in which it was located 1894-1933|
|Newchurch, Hampshire, England||parish into which it was part absorbed in 1933|
|Ventnor, Isle of Wight, England||parish into which it was part absorbed in 1933|
|South Wight District, Isle of Wight, England||district municipality covering the area 1974-1995|
|Isle of Wight (council), Isle of Wight, England||district municipality and unitary authority covering the area since 1995|
- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
Wroxall is a village and civil parish in the central south of the Isle of Wight, England. It was created from part of Newchurch in 1894 and in 1933 it was abolished with its land divided between the parishes of Newchurch (23%) and Ventnor (77%).
- Victoria County History of Hampshire, volume 5, chapter on Newchurch.
- GENUKI has a list of archive holders in Hampshire including the Hampshire Record Office, various museums in Portsmouth and Southhampton, the Isle of Wight Record Office and Archives.
- The Hampshire Online Parish Clerk project has a large collection of transcriptions from Parish Registers across Hampshire.
- A listing of all the Registration Districts in England and Wales since their introduction in 1837 together with tables listing the parishes that were part of each district and the time period covered, along with detailed notes on changes of parish name, mergers, etc. Do respect the copyright on this material.
- The three-storey City Museum in Winchester covers the Iron Age and Roman periods, the Middle Ages, and the Victorian period.
- Volumes in The Victoria County History Series are available for Hampshire through British History Online. There are three volumes and the county is covered by parishes within the old divisions of "hundreds".
- A collection of maps on the A Vision of Britain through Time website illustrating the English county of Hampshire over the period 1832-1932 (the last two are expandible):
- A group of maps of the post-1974 municipal districts or boroughs of Hampshire on Wikipedia Commons
Categories: Isle of Wight, England | Wroxall, Isle of Wight, England | Newchurch, Hampshire, England | Isle of Wight Rural, Isle of Wight, England | Ventnor, Isle of Wight, England | South Wight District, Isle of Wight, England | Isle of Wight (council), Isle of Wight, England