- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Wothersome is now a civil parish in the City of Leeds metropolitan borough, in West Yorkshire, England. It is south of Wetherby, north east of Leeds and west of Bramham. At the turn of the 21st century it had a population of 40, an increase over the 19th century when it averaged about half that number.
Historically, Wothersome was in the ecclesiastical parish of Bardsey in the Lower division of the Skyrack Wapentake. From 1894 until 1974, Wothersome was located in Wetherby Rural District. In 1974 the area became part of the Leeds Metropolitan Borough in West Yorkshire.
- GENUKI on Wothersome. The GENUKI page gives numerous references to local bodies providing genealogical assistance.
- The FamilySearch wiki on the ecclesiastical parish of Bardsey provides a list of useful resources for the local area.
- A Vision of Britain through Time on Wothersome.
- A Vision of Britain through Time also provides links to maps of the West Riding, produced by the United Kingdom Ordnance Survey, illustrating the boundaries between the civil parishes and the rural districts at various dates. Those listed here provide data for the part of the West Riding that transferred to North Yorkshire in 1974 plus the northern parts of Leeds and Bradford. These maps all blow up to a scale that will illustrate small villages and large farms or estates.
- Ordnance Survey West Riding 1888. The "Sanitary Districts (which preceded the rural districts) for the whole of the West Riding.
- Ordnance Survey Northern part of the West Riding 1900 The rural and urban districts, not long after their introduction. (rural districts of Sedbergh, Settle, Skipton, Pateley Bridge, Ripon, Knaresborough, Great Ouseburn, Clitheroe, Wharfedale, Wetherby, York, Bishopthorpe, Keighley, the northern part of Bradford, the northern part of Leeds, the northern part of Hunslet Urban District, the northern part of Tadcaster Rural District, the northern part of Selby Rural District)
- Ordnance Survey Northern part of the West Riding 1944. The urban and rural districts of the northern part of the West Riding (mostly Settle, Skipton, Ripon and Pateley Bridge, and Nidderdale, with sections of Wharfedale and Wetherby) after the revisions of 1935.
- Ordnance Survey Southern part of the West Riding 1944 shows the southern part of the West Riding (including the southern part of Wetherby Rural District).
Help fund new features!