Wootton Fitzpaine is a village and civil parish in the county of Dorset in South West England. It lies approximately north-east of Lyme Regis in a small side valley of the River Char, close to the Marshwood Vale. The civil parish covers an area of and includes the ecclesiastical parish and small settlement of Monkton Wyld to the west. In the 2011 Census the civil parish recorded a population of 345 in 180 dwellings, 46 of which (25.6%) had no usual resident.
Wootton Fitzpaine village consists primarily of two small centres: a larger western part comprising the village hall and about 50 densely placed houses, and a smaller eastern part comprising about a dozen houses, the church and manor house. The village is sited on greensand and has a history of being agriculturally relatively prosperous.
The village name derives from 'Wodetone', meaning a farm close to a wood, plus the name of the manorial family, Fitzpaine.
The parish church was built mostly between the 13th and 15th centuries but was restored and added to in 1872. It lies within the grounds of the adjacent Wootton House, a three-storey brick-built house constructed around 1765 but also restored and added to in the late 19th century. The rectory dates from the end of the 15th century. Twenty structures within the parish are listed by English Heritage for their historic or architectural interest.