Place:Wootton, Northamptonshire, England

Watchers
NameWootton
TypeParish (ancient), Civil parish
Coordinates52.197°N 0.889°W
Located inNorthamptonshire, England
See alsoHardingstone Rural, Northamptonshire, Englandrural district in which it was located 1894-1935
Northampton Rural, Northamptonshire, Englandrural district in which it was located 1935-1974
South Northamptonshire District, Northamptonshire, Englanddistrict municipality covering the area since 1974
source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
source: Family History Library Catalog


the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia

Wootton is a former village about south of Northampton town centre that is now part of the Northampton Borough Council area.

Wootton is separated from Hardingstone by the Newport Pagnell Road the B526, formerly part of the A50 road. Part of Wootton is alongside the A45 dual carriageway from the M1 to Wellingborough which is seen and heard from that part of the area.

Research Tips

These two maps show the boundaries of the individual civil parishes in the county in 1900 and in 1944. Comparing the two on a local level allows one to understand the alterations (should there be any) which occurred during the interim period which are noted in the text above.

This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Wootton, Northamptonshire. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.