- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Woolstone from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "WOOLSTONE, a parish in Tewkesbury [registration] district, Gloucester; 3 miles SE of Ashchurch [railway] station, and 5¼ N of Cheltenham. Post town, Cheltenham. Acres, 787. Real property: £1,643. Population: 81. Houses: 20. The manor belongs to the Earl of Coventry. A hill, at the back of the parsonage, has remains of a Roman camp, and commands a very extensive view. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value: £200. Patron: the Earl of Coventry. The church is old but good."
Online sources which may also be helpful:
- Woolstone from A History of the County of Gloucester: Volume 8/Deerhurst hundred in the Victoria County History series provided by the website British History Online.
- GENUKI gives pointers to other archive sources as well as providing some details on each parish in the county. The emphasis here is on ecclesiastical parishes (useful before 1837)
- A listing of all the Registration Districts in England and Wales since their introduction in 1837 and tables of the parishes that were part of each district and the time period covered with detailed notes on changes of parish name, mergers, etc. Respect the copyright on this material.
- The FamilySearch Wiki for Gloucestershire provides a similar but not identical series of webpages to that provided by GENUKI
- A Vision of Britain through Time has a group of pages of statistical facts for almost every parish in the county