NOTE: There is another place named Witton (near North Walsham) on the northeast coast of Norfolk.
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Witton from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "WITTON, a parish in Blofield [registration] district, Norfolk; 1¼ mile N of Brundall [railway] station, and 5 E of Norwich. It has a post-office under Norwich. Acres: 587. Real property: £1,361. Population: 144. Houses: 27. [Witton] Hall belongs to E. W. Trafford, Esq., and [Witton] House , to Miss Penrice. The living is a rectory, united with Brundall, in the diocese of Norwich. Value: £500. Patron: the Rev. J. S. Green. The church's chancel was recently rebuilt, and the rest restored."
Witton lies east of Norwich and 1.75 miles (2.8 km) to the north-east of the parish and village of Postwick. In 1935 Witton was abolished as a civil parish and absorbed into Postwick. At some later date the parish was renamed Postwick with Witton.
- GENUKI provides a list of references for Witton. Some entries lead to free online transcriptions of registers and censuses.