In 1894 it became part of Warrington Rural District. In 1933 there was a reorganization within the rural district in which the name of the civil parish was changed to Winwick. (The ecclesiastical parish had been abolished by this time.)
Since 1974 Winwick has been a village and civil parish in Warrington Borough, Cheshire, England. It is situated about three miles north of Warrington town centre, near Junction 22 of the M6 and Junction 9 of the M62. Winwick also borders Newton-le-Willows and Burtonwood. According to the 2001 Census, the civil parish had a population of 4,366.