|Type||Village, Former parish|
|Located in||Essex, England|
|See also||Ongar Rural, Essex, England||rural district of which it was located 1894-1955|
|Willingale, Essex, England||parish into which it was absorbed in 1946|
|Epping and Ongar Rural, Essex, England||rural district of which it was located 1955-1974|
|Epping Forest (district), Essex, England||district municipality covering the area since 1974|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
Willingale-Doe is a village and former civil parish in Essex, England. Since 1946 it has been part of the civil parish of Willingale.
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Willingale-Doe from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "WILLINGALE-DOE, a village and a parish in Ongar district, Essex. The village stands 4½ miles N E by N of Ongar [railway] station; dates from at least the time of Edward the Confessor; and has a post-office, of the name of Willingale, under Ongar. The parish includes Tyrrells-Hall hamlet, and comprises 1,739 acres. Real property: £2,031. Population: 438. Houses: 100. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory, united with Shellow-Bowels, in the diocese of Rochester. Value: £450. Patron: T. W. Bramston, Esq. The church's tower was rebuilt in 1853. Charities, £5."
The parish was part of the Ongar Rural District from 1894 until 1946. Following its absorption into Willigale it continued to be in the area of Ongar Rural District. When Ongar Rural District was abolished in 1955 Willingale joined Epping and Ongar Rural District until 1974 and, since 1974, has been located in the Epping Forest District of Essex.
Categories: Essex, England | Willingale-Doe, Essex, England | Ongar Rural, Essex, England | Willingale, Essex, England | Epping and Ongar Rural, Essex, England | Epping Forest (district), Essex, England