Widford is a hamlet and deserted medieval village on the River Windrush about 1.5 miles (2.4 km) east of Burford in the West Oxfordshire District. The village was a detached part of Gloucestershire until 1844.
Widford was a civil parish from 1866, but by 1931 its population was only 29. In 1932 the civil parish was merged with the parish of Swinbrook to form the civil parish of Swinbrook and Widford.
Online sources which may also be helpful: