Widford is a parish of Chelmsford approximately south-south-west of the city’s railway station. The current parish boundary encloses a mixed residential, industrial and rural area south of the River Can, east of the River Wid and mostly to the west of the Great Eastern Main Line.
The parish was part of the Chelmsford Rural District from 1894 until 1934. In 1934 Widford was absorbed into Chelmsford Municipal Borough. Since 1974 it has been located in the Chelmsford District or Borough.