|Type||Parish (ancient), Civil parish|
|Located in||Norfolk, England|
|See also||Forehoe Hundred, Norfolk, England||hundred in which it was located|
|Forehoe Rural, Norfolk, England||rural district in which it was located 1894-1935|
|Forehoe and Henstead Rural, Norfolk, England||rural district in which it was located 1935-1974|
|South Norfolk District, Norfolk, England||district municipality covering the area since 1974|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Wicklewood is a village and civil parish in the South Norfolk District of Norfolk, England. It is located 11 miles (18 km) west of Norwich next to the market town of Wymondham, neighbouring the villages of Deopham, Hackford and Kimberley. It covers an area of 8.75 km2 (3.38 sq mi) and had a population of 886 in 345 households at the 2001 UK census, increasing to 922 at the 2011 UK census.
In 1935 Wicklewood absorbed the neighbouring civil parish of Crownthorpe.
- GENUKI provides a list of references for Wicklewood. Some entries lead to free online transcriptions of registers and censuses.
- GENUKI also advises that the following lists for Norfolk are to be found in FamilySearch:
- England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1510-1997
- England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812
- England, Norfolk Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941
- England, Norfolk Marriage Bonds, 1557-1915
- England, Norfolk Non-conformist Records, 1613-1901
Categories: Norfolk, England | Wicklewood, Norfolk, England | Forehoe Hundred, Norfolk, England | Forehoe Rural, Norfolk, England | Forehoe and Henstead Rural, Norfolk, England | South Norfolk District, Norfolk, England