Whiteshill is a village in the Cotswolds, situated between Stroud and Gloucester, in Gloucestershire, England. Whiteshill has a population of just over 1,000. As the name suggests, Whiteshill is far from flat, and some of the houses in Whiteshill have wonderful views of nearby scenery.
The Church of England Church is St. Paul's; the Minister [April 2008] is Rev. Brian Woollaston. When the limits of Stroud parish were set in 1304, Whiteshill and Ruscombe formed part of the tithing of Paganhill. In the early 19th century, these two villages had the reputation of being the poorest - and 'most morally degraded' - part of the parish! They remained part of Stroud until 1894, when the new civil parish of Whiteshill was created.
Whiteshill also has a primary school; Whiteshill Primary School, in Main Road. Its Head [September 2011] is Mrs Diane Bainbridge. During the Second World War a Wellington bomber crashed nearby, in the local feature called 'Bomber Lake'; it is understood that all the Canadian crew perished