The village name 'Weston' is a common one in England. It is Anglo Saxon in origin and means 'west farm'.
Weston Lullingfields was a terminus of a branch of the Ellesmere Canal known as the Weston Branch. The canal was originally intended to continue on to Shrewsbury, but was never completed as intended. At Weston Lullingfields the canal company built a wharf, four lime kilns, a public house, stables, a clerk's house and weighing machine. These were opened in 1797 and closed in 1917 when the Weston branch was closed following a breach of the canal.