Since the Industrial Revolution and the 20th century, the town of Northampton has grown closer and closer to the village boundaries, such that Weston Favell is now an outer district of Northampton, near to several other suburban areas.
The parish of Weston Favell was situated between the County Borough of Northampton and the parish of Little Billing at the beginning of the 20th century. In 1935 Little Billing and Great Billing (its eastern neighbour) merged into the civil parish of Billing. In 1965 Weston Favell also became part of Billing. The Northampton District was formed in 1974.
These two maps show the boundaries of the individual civil parishes in the county in 1900 and in 1944. Comparing the two on a local level allows one to understand the alterations (should there be any) which occurred during the interim period which are noted in the text above.