The Town of West Turin is in the south-central part of the county and is north of Rome.
The town was first settled around 1796, near Constableville.
Turin was formed from part of Town of Turin in 1830 and was subsequently reduced in size by the formation of newer towns: Montague (1850) and Osceola (1844). The Town of West Turin now includes the former "Town of Highmarket," which was disbanded in 1973. Highmarket had been set apart from West Turin in 1852.