|Alt names||Tistede||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 125|
|Type||Parish (ancient), Civil parish|
|Located in||Hampshire, England|
|See also||Bishops Sutton Hundred, Hampshire, England||ancient county division in which it was located|
|Alresford Rural, Hampshire, England||rural district in which it was located 1894-1932|
|Alton Rural, Hampshire, England||rural district of which it was part 1932-1974|
|East Hampshire District, Hampshire, England||district municipality covering the area since 1974|
- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the text in this section is based on an article in Wikipedia
West Tisted is a small village and civil parish in the East Hampshire District of Hampshire. It is 6.7 miles (10.8 km) northwest of Petersfield, just off the A32 road. East Tisted is a separate civil parish a short distance to the northeast.
The nearest railway station is the restored Ropley station on the Watercress Line, trains from which connect with the nearest national rail station 7.8 miles (12.6 km) to the northeast, at Alton. Petersfield station on the Portsmouth Direct Line is 6.7 miles (10.8 km) to the southeast of the village.
- Victoria County History of Hampshire, volume 3, chapter on West Tisted.
- GENUKI has a list of archive holders in Hampshire including the Hampshire Record Office, various museums in Portsmouth and Southhampton, the Isle of Wight Record Office and Archives.
- The Hampshire Online Parish Clerk project has a large collection of transcriptions from Parish Registers across Hampshire.
- A listing of all the Registration Districts in England and Wales since their introduction in 1837 together with tables listing the parishes that were part of each district and the time period covered, along with detailed notes on changes of parish name, mergers, etc. Do respect the copyright on this material.
- The three-storey City Museum in Winchester covers the Iron Age and Roman periods, the Middle Ages, and the Victorian period.
- Volumes in The Victoria County History Series are available for Hampshire through British History Online. There are three volumes and the county is covered by parishes within the old divisions of "hundreds".
- A collection of maps on the A Vision of Britain through Time website illustrating the English county of Hampshire over the period 1832-1932 (the last two are expandible):
- A group of maps of the post-1974 municipal districts or boroughs of Hampshire on Wikipedia Commons
Categories: Hampshire, England | West Tisted, Hampshire, England | Bishops Sutton Hundred, Hampshire, England | Alresford Rural, Hampshire, England | Alton Rural, Hampshire, England | East Hampshire District, Hampshire, England