West Tilbury is a former Church of England parish in the unitary authority of Thurrock in Essex, England. It is located on the top of and on the sides of a 30 metres (98 ft) tall river terrace overlooking the River Thames. The modern town of Tilbury is partly in its traditional area (including Tilbury Fort) but is buffered from it and mainly in the traditional parish of Chadwell St. Mary.
The parish was part of the Orsett Rural District from 1894 until 1936 and the Thurrock Urban District from 1936 until 1974. Since 1974 it has been located in the Thurrock District in Essex (a unitary authority since 1998).
For more information, see the EN Wikipedia article West Tilbury.