Place:West Scrafton, North Riding of Yorkshire, England

Watchers
NameWest Scrafton
TypeVillage, Civil parish
Coordinates54.2483°N 1.8889°W
Located inNorth Riding of Yorkshire, England     ( - 1974)
Also located inYorkshire, England    
North Yorkshire, England     (1974 - )
See alsoLeyburn Rural, North Riding of Yorkshire, Englandrural district of which the parish was a part 1894-1974
Richmondshire, North Yorkshire, Englanddistrict municipality in which it has been situated since 1974
source: Family History Library Catalog


the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia

West Scrafton is a village and civil parish within the Yorkshire Dales in the Richmondshire district of North Yorkshire, England. It is located 4 miles (6.4 km) south west of Leyburn. There is also a hamlet of East Scrafton which joins with Caldbergh in the civil parish of Caldbergh with East Scrafton.

Prior to the nationwide municipal reorganization of 1974, West Scrafton was located in Leyburn Rural District. Historically, it was located in the ecclesiastical parish of Coverham in the Hang West Wapentake.

Research Tips

This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at West Scrafton. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.