|Alt names||West Newton||source: spelling variation|
|Type||Township, Civil parish|
|Located in||Northumberland, England ( - 1955)|
|See also||Kirknewton, Northumberland, England||ancient parish in which it was a township|
|Glendale Ward, Northumberland, England||ancient county division in which it was located|
|Glendale Rural, Northumberland, England||rural district of which it was part 1894-1955|
|Kirknewton, Northumberland, England||civil parish into which it was re-absorbed in 1955|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the text in this section is based on an article in Wikipedia
Westnewton is a small hamlet comprising around 8 houses and a manse to the west of the village of Kirknewton. It is situated in the parish of Kirknewton, in the County of Northumberland.
Westnewton was a township in the ancient parish of Kirknewton and became a separate civil parish in 1866. From 1894 it was part of Glendale Rural District. In 1955 the civil parish was abolished and the area was absorbed back into the parish of Kirknewton.
- Northumberland Archives previously known as Northumberland Collections Service and Northumberland County Record Office. Now based within Woodhorn Museum in Ashington and providing free access to numerous records for local and family historians alike.
- Full postal address: Museum and Northumberland Archives, Queen Elizabeth II Country Park, Ashington, Northumberland, NE63 9YF; Phone: 01670 624455
- There is a branch office in Berwick upon Tweed.