Place:West Newton, East Riding of Yorkshire, England

Watchers
NameWest Newton
Alt namesNeutonesource: Domesday Book (1985) p 309
West Newton with Burton Constablesource: formal name for civil parish
TypeHamlet
Coordinates53.817°N 0.183°W
Located inEast Riding of Yorkshire, England     ( - 1974)
Also located inYorkshire, England    
Humberside, England     (1974 - 1996)
East Riding of Yorkshire, England     (1996 - )
See alsoSkirlaugh Rural, East Riding of Yorkshire, Englandrural district of which it was a part 1894-1935
Burton Constable, East Riding of Yorkshire, Englandcivil parish it joined in 1935
source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
source: Family History Library Catalog


the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia

West Newton is a hamlet in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. It is situated approximately 9 miles (14 km) north-east of Hull city centre and 6 miles (9.7 km) south of Hornsea.

Between 1894 and 1935 West Newton was a hamlet in the civil parish of West Newton with Burton Constable in Skirlaugh Rural District. In 1935 the parish joined with Marton civil parish to form Burton Constable parish in the newly formed Holderness Rural District. Historically, West Newton was located in the ecclesiastical parish of Aldbrough in the Holderness Wapentake.


Research Tips

This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at West Newton. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.