Place:West Langdon, Kent, England

Watchers


NameWest Langdon
TypeVillage
Located inKent, England
source: Family History Library Catalog


the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia

West Langdon is a village in the Dover district of Kent, England. It is located five miles north of Dover town.

The name Langdon derives from an Old English word meaning long hill. The first known written reference dates to 861 AD, mentioning one Langandune, but around 1200 AD there was a reference to Estlangedoun (East Langdon, about one mile to the south east) and Westlangedone.

The Church is dedicated to Saint Mary. The remains of West Langdon Abbey are nearby.

Research Tips


This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at West Langdon. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.