West Kirby is a town on the north-west corner of the coast of the Wirral Peninsula, in the county of Merseyside, England, at the mouth of the River Dee across from the Point of Ayr in Flintshire, Wales. To the north-east of the town lies Hoylake, with the suburbs of Grange and Newton to the east, and the village of Caldy to the south-east. At the 2001 Census, the population of West Kirby was 7,680, and as part of the West Kirby & Thurstaston Ward, its population in 2001 was 12,869.
It is known for being one of the more affluent and prosperous areas of the Wirral.
Prior to 1974 West Kirby was a civil parish in the county of Cheshire.
The township of Newton-with-Larton which was absorbed into West Kirby in 1889 has been redirected here. West Kirby was combined with Hoylake in 1894 to create the urban district of Hoylake-cum-West Kirby.