|Located in||Cornwall, England|
|See also||Kerrier Hundred, Cornwall, England||hundred in which it was located|
|Helston Rural, Cornwall, England||rural district of which it was a part 1894-1934|
|Kerrier Rural, Cornwall, England||rural district of which it was a part 1934-1974|
|Camborne-Redruth, Cornwall, England||urban district to which part of the parish was transferred in 1934|
|Helston, Cornwall, England||municipal borough to which part of the parish was transferred in 1934|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Wendron (Cornish: Gwendron) is a village and civil parish in Cornwall, England. It is three miles (5 kilometres) north of Helston.
Wendron was part of the Helston Rural District from 1894 until 1934. In 1934 it was split between Camborne-Redruth Urban District, Helston Municipal Borough and the Kerrier Rural District. There were no further changes until 1974.
For more information, see the EN Wikipedia article Wendron.
One of the many maps available on A Vision of Britain through Time is one from the Ordnance Survey Series of 1900 illustrating the parish boundaries of Cornwall at the turn of the 20th century. This map blows up to show all the parishes and many of the small villages and hamlets.
The following websites have pages explaining their provisions in WeRelate's Repository Section. Some provide free online databases.
- GENUKI makes a great many suggestions as to other websites with worthwhile information about Cornwall as well as providing 19th century descriptions of each of the ecclesiastical parishes.
- FamilySearch Wiki provides a similar information service to GENUKI which may be more up-to-date.
- A Vision of Britain through Time has
- organization charts of the hierarchies of parishes within hundreds, registration districts and rural and urban districts of the 20th century
- excerpts from a gazetteer of circa 1870 outlining individual towns and parishes
- reviews of population through the time period 1800-1960
- More local sources can often be found by referring to "What Links Here" in the column on the left.
Categories: Cornwall, England | Kerrier Hundred, Cornwall, England | Helston Rural, Cornwall, England | Kerrier Rural, Cornwall, England | Camborne-Redruth, Cornwall, England | Helston, Cornwall, England