- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Wendon Lofts from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "WENDON-LOFTS, a parish in Saffron-Walden [registration] district, Essex; 4 miles NW by W of Audley-End [railway] station, and 5 W by N of Saffron-Walden. Post town, Royston. Acres: 1,520. Real property: £972. Population: 61. Houses: 12. Lofts Hall is the seat of the Rev. R. Wilkes. The living is a rectory, united with Elmdon, in the diocese of Rochester. Value: £472. Patron: the Rev. R. Wilkes. The church is good."
The parish was part of the Saffron Walden Rural District from 1894 until 1974. Since 1974 it has been located in the Uttlesford District of Essex.
- A map of Saffron Walden Rural District.
- There is no article in Wikipedia. Geographical co-ordinates from Google Earth.
- The Recorders of Ucclesford History provides a series of webpages on most of the parishes in Ucclesford District. They also host transcriptions from various parishes provided by local family history societies.