Welton is a village and civil parish in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. The parish extends to the bank of the Humber estuary at its southern extreme, and into the Yorkshire Wolds in the northern part. The A63 road and Hull to Selby railway line both bisect the parish east-west south of Melton and Welton.
The civil parish is formed by the villages of Welton and Melton and the hamlet of Wauldby. According to the 2011 UK census, Welton parish had a population of 2176, an increase on the 2001 UK census figure of 1560. Welton village is situated approximately 1 mile (1.6 km) north-east of the town of Brough on the north side of the A63 road to Kingston upon Hull. Welton is also is on the Yorkshire Wolds Way National Trail, a long distance footpath.
From 1894 until 1935, Welton was a civil parish in Sculcoates Rural District. On Sculcoates' abolition it was transferred to Beverley Rural District where the merger with Melton and Wauldby occurred. With the nationwide municipal reorganization of 1974, it became part of Humberside, and in 1996 the northern part of Humberside again became the East Riding of Yorkshire. Historically, Welton was an ecclesiastical parish in the Howdenshire Wapentake.
For more information, see the EN Wikipedia article Welton, East Riding of Yorkshire.