- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Welbury is a village and civil parish in the Hambleton District of North Yorkshire, England. It is about 1 mile south of Appleton Wiske and 8 miles north of Northallerton.
Historically, Welbury was an ecclesiastical parish in the wapentake of Birdforth. From 1894 until 1974, Welbury was located in Northallerton Rural District.
- GENUKI on Welbury. The GENUKI page gives numerous references to local bodies providing genealogical assistance.
- The FamilySearch wiki on the ecclesiastical parish of Welbury provides a list of useful resources for the local area.
- A Vision of Britain through Time on Welbury.
- A Vision of Britain through Time also provides links to three maps of the North Riding, produced by the United Kingdom Ordnance Survey, illustrating the boundaries between the civil parishes and the rural districts at various dates. These maps all blow up to a scale that will illustrate small villages and large farms or estates.