Tickton and its former parishes do not appear on the above map. From their co-ordinates it is to be assumed that Tickton is in the eastern reaches of what is described as Molescroft.
Weel is a hamlet in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. It is situated approximately 2 miles (3.2 km) east of the town of Beverley and 1.5 miles (2.4 km) south of the village of Tickton. It lies on the east bank of the River Hull.
Weel was a civil parish from 1866-1935 and now forms part of the civil parish of Tickton. From 1894 until 1974 the area was part of the Beverley Rural District. It was located in the ecclesiastical parish of Beverley and in the wapentake of Holderness.