- source: Family History Library Catalog
The following details were found in GENUKI:
Weaver was a township in Middlewich ancient parish in Eddisbury Hundred which became a civil parish in 1866. The civil parish was abolished in 1892 to become part of Darnhall. The population was 129 in 1801 and 140 in 1851. Weaver appears to be east of Darnhall. On Google Earth there is a Weaverhall Lane leading to a farm.
There is no article for Weaver in Wikipedia.
- The GENUKI and UKBMD pages on Cheshire and its parishes point to many other sources of information on places within the county. The many small parishes and townships that existed before 1866 are treated individually as well as the larger towns and conurbations.
- A Vision of Britain through Time provides a series of maps from the Ordnance Survey illustrating the towns and villages of Cheshire and also the borders between parishes. The following group of maps provide views of the county at various dates, illustrating the changes in administrative structure.
- Cheshire Archives and Local Studies have organized a facility to compare 19th century maps (including tithe maps circa 1830) with modern Ordnance Survey maps. These are available for every civil parish. The detail is very magnified and it is difficult to read any placenames on the older maps. Cheshire Archives and Local Studies are the local keepers of historical material for the county.