Watton is a village and civil parish in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. The village is situated on the A164 road, about 6 miles (9.7 km) north of Beverley and 6 miles (9.7 km) south of Driffield. According to the 2011 UK census the civil parish of Watton had a population of 259, an increase on the 2001 UK census figure of 238. It is the location for Watton Priory which was a Gilbertine double monastery founded in 1150 by Eustace fitz John.
In 1974 most of what had been the East Riding of Yorkshire was joined with the northern part of Lincolnshire to became a new English county named Humberside. The urban and rural districts of the former counties were abolished and Humberside was divided into non-metropolitan districts. The new organization did not meet with the pleasure of the local citizenry and Humberside was wound up in 1996. The area north of the River Humber was separated into two "unitary authorities"—Kingston-upon-Hull covering the former City of Hull and its closest environs, and the less urban section which, once again, named itself the East Riding of Yorkshire.