Washington is a town in Dutchess County, New York, United States. The population was 4,741 at the 2010 census. The town is named after George Washington, who passed through the town during the Revolution.
The town was part of the Great Nine Partners Patent of 1697. The town was formed in 1788 as one of the original towns of the re-organized county. The town lost territory in 1793 to form the new Town of Stanford.