Warkworth is a village and civil parish in the South Northamptonshire District in Northamptonshire, England, about 2 miles (3 km) east of Banbury in Oxfordshire and 1 mile (1.6 km) southeast of junction 11 of the M40 motorway.
The 2001 UK Census recorded the parish's population as 31. This is remarkably lower than the figures given by Wilson's Gazetteer in the mid 19th century. (See below.) Wilson reports four hamlets. These are not identified.
An open field system of farming prevailed in Warkworth until the 18th century. Its land tenure was linked with that of Overthorpe, which at that time was part of Middleton Cheney parish. Parliament passed a single Inclosure Act for both Overthorpe and Warkworth in 1764.
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Warkworth from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72: