Place:Warenton, Northumberland, England

Watchers
NameWarenton
TypeTownship, Civil parish
Coordinates55.567°N 1.836°W
Located inNorthumberland, England
See alsoBamburgh, Northumberland, Englandancient parish of which it was part
Bamburgh Ward, Northumberland, Englandancient division in which it was located
Belford, Northumberland, Englandparish into which it was absorbed in 1955
source: Family History Library Catalog

A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Warenton from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:

"WARENTON, a township in Bambrough parish, Northumberland; 2 miles SSE of Belford. Acres: 1,454. Population: 114. Houses: 22."

Warenton was abolished and its area absorbed into Belford parish in 1955.

Research Tips

  • Northumberland Archives previously known as Northumberland Collections Service and Northumberland County Record Office. Now based within Woodhorn Museum in Ashington and providing free access to numerous records for local and family historians alike.
Full postal address: Museum and Northumberland Archives, Queen Elizabeth II Country Park, Ashington, Northumberland, NE63 9YF; Phone: 01670 624455
There is a branch office in Berwick upon Tweed.