Wansford is a village and former civil parish in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. It is situated on the B1249 road and just to the north of the River Hull and the Driffield Canal. It is approximately 2.5 miles (4 km) south-east of Driffield and 3 miles (4.8 km) north-west of North Frodingham.
Historically, Wansford was in the ecclesiastical parish of Nafferton in the wapentake of Dickering. From 1894 until 1935, Wansford was a civil parish in Driffield Rural District. In 1935 it merged with the neighbouring civil parish of Skerne to become the civil parish of Skerne and Wansford.
In 1974 most of what had been the East Riding of Yorkshire was joined with the northern part of Lincolnshire to became a new English county named Humberside. The urban and rural districts of the former counties were abolished and Humberside was divided into non-metropolitan districts. The new organization did not meet with the pleasure of the local citizenry and Humberside was wound up in 1996. The area north of the River Humber was separated into two "unitary authorities"—Kingston-upon-Hull covering the former City of Hull and its closest environs, and the less urban section which, once again, named itself the East Riding of Yorkshire.