Walton-le-Dale is a large village in the Borough of South Ribble, in Lancashire, England. It lies on the south bank of the River Ribble, directly south of the city of Preston, and is adjacent to Bamber Bridge.
In the 19th century and before, Walton-Le-Dale was a township and chapelry in the ancient parish of Blackburn and a part of the hundred of Blackburnshire. It became part of the Preston Poor Law Union, formed in 1837, which took responsibility for the administration and funding of the Poor Law and built a workhouse in that area. It was also a sub-district of the Preston Registration District. In 1894 it was made into an urban district with four wards including Bamber Bridge. The urban district became part of the Borough of South Ribble district municipality in 1974.
During the Industrial Revolution there were four cotton mills, including Flats Mills belonging to William Calvert which employed 400 workers and James Livesey and Son's Moon Mill employing 130 workers. There was a cotton printing business and in 1800 Robert Whittaker established an iron foundry.