- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Walton Cardiff from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "WALTON-CARDIFF, a parish in Tewkesbury [registration] district, Gloucester; 1 mile SE by E of Tewkesbury [railway] station. Post town, Tewkesbury. Acres: 650. Real property: £1,287. Population: 70. Houses: 14. There is a mineral spring. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value: £56. Patron: All Souls College, Oxford. The church was recently rebuilt."
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
In 2008 Walton Cardiff parish was combined with part of Ashchurch parish in the Tewkesbury District of Gloucestershire to form Ashchurch Rural parish. Ashchurch parish was broken up at the time. Concurrently, the large new residential development of Wheatpieces, in Walton Cardiff, also formed another new parish.
Online sources which may also be helpful:
- Walton Cardiff in A History of the County of Gloucester: Volume 8/Tewkesbury hundred in the Victoria County History series provided by the website British History Online
- GENUKI gives pointers to other archive sources as well as providing some details on each parish in the county. The emphasis here is on ecclesiastical parishes (useful before 1837)
- A listing of all the Registration Districts in England and Wales since their introduction in 1837 and tables of the parishes that were part of each district and the time period covered with detailed notes on changes of parish name, mergers, etc. Respect the copyright on this material.
- The FamilySearch Wiki for Gloucestershire provides a similar but not identical series of webpages to that provided by GENUKI
- A Vision of Britain through Time has a group of pages of statistical facts for almost every parish in the county