- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Walpole St. Peter from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "WALPOLE-ST. PETER, a village, a parish, and a [registration] sub-district, in the [registration] district of Wisbeach and county of Norfolk. The village stands near [Walpole railway] station, 8¾ miles W by S of [King's] Lynn; and has a post-office under Wisbeach. The parish comprises 6,982 acres. Real property: £15,776. Population in 1851: 1,361; in 1861: 1,252. Houses: 283. The manor belongs to the Rev. H. Townshend. Bricks and tiles are made. The Roman sea-wall crosses the parish, and Roman relics have been found. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value: £1,187. Patron: the Crown. The church is later English. A chapel of ease is at Marshland Fen; and there are two Methodist chapels, an endowed school with £100 a year, alms houses with £82, and other charities £116."
In 1974 the civil parishes of Walpole St. Andrew and Walpole St. Peter merged to form the civil parish of Walpole in the newly formed district of King's Lynn and West Norfolk District.
- GENUKI provides a list of references for Walpole St. Peter. Some entries lead to free online transcriptions of registers and censuses.
- GENUKI also advises that the following lists for Norfolk are to be found in FamilySearch:
- England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1510-1997
- England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812
- England, Norfolk Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941
- England, Norfolk Marriage Bonds, 1557-1915
- England, Norfolk Non-conformist Records, 1613-1901