- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Walpole St. Andrew from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "WALPOLE-ST. ANDREW, a parish, with [Walpole St. Andrew] village, and Cross-Keys hamlet, in the [registration] district of Wisbeach and county of Norfolk; at [Walpole railway] station, 8½ miles W by S of [King's] Lynn. It has a post-office under Wisbeach; and it gives the title of Baron to Earl Orford. Acres: 3,494; of which 1,130 are water. Real property: £6,131. Population: 709. Houses: 162. The manor belongs to the Rev. H. Townshend. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value: £1,259. Patron: the Rev. H. Townshend. The church is good. There are a Primitive Methodist chapel, a parochial school, three alms houses, and other charities £35."
In 1974 the civil parishes of Walpole St. Andrew and Walpole St. Peter merged to form the civil parish of Walpole in the newly formed district of King's Lynn and West Norfolk District.
- GENUKI provides a list of references for Walpole St. Andrew. Some entries lead to free online transcriptions of registers and censuses.
- GENUKI also advises that the following lists for Norfolk are to be found in FamilySearch:
- England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1510-1997
- England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812
- England, Norfolk Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941
- England, Norfolk Marriage Bonds, 1557-1915
- England, Norfolk Non-conformist Records, 1613-1901