Walbottle is a village since 1974 located in the county of Tyne and Wear, England. It is a western suburb of Newcastle upon Tyne. The village name, recorded in 1176 as "Walbotl", is derived from the Old English botl (building) on Hadrian's Wall. There are a number of Northumbrian villages which are suffixed "-bottle".
Wallbottle was a township in the ancient parish of Newburn and became a separate civil parish in 1866. From 1894 until 1935 it was considered a civil parish within the Urban District of Newburn, and in 1935 it was absorbed into the civil parish of Newburn itself. Newburn became part of Newcastle upon Tyne in Northumberland in 1935 and of the City of Newcastle upon Tyne in the newly formed county of Tyne and Wear in 1974.