- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Vange (#23 on the map) is a former minute village and civil parish now subsumed within the urban area of the Basildon Borough of Essex. As it is much smaller than Basildon, Laindon and Pitsea, it does not have its own town centre or railway station. The London Road (B1464) is the main road through Vange and used to be part of the A13 until Vange was bypassed in the 1970s.
- end of Wikipedia contribution
Vange was part of Billericay Rural District from 1894 until 1934 when the rural district was abolished. The parish was then transferred to Billericay Urban District which was renamed Basildon Urban District in 1955. In 1974 Basildon Urban District was abolished and, in the nationwide municipal reorganization of the that year, the area became Basildon District. Basildon District was given the right to be called a "borough" in 2010.
Categories: Essex, England | Vange, Essex, England | Billericay Rural, Essex, England | Billericay, Essex, England | Basildon, Essex, England | Basildon District, Essex, England