Place:Van Wyck, Valley, Idaho, United States

Watchers


NameVan Wyck
TypeFormer community
Located inValley, Idaho, United States

Van Wyck was established 14 March 1888 by Levi Kimball, and was about three miles Southwest of Cascade. The first Postmaster was appointed in 18 September 1890. Population in 1912 was 220. The Post Office was discontinued 29 September 1917, and mail was sent to Cascade. The former town is now underwater, inundated by the waters of Lake Cascade.

References
Callender, Signe, The Era of Hope In Long Valley, TS, 19 April 1989
Petersen, Duane L., Valley County The Way it Was, D&D Books, Cascade, Idaho, 2002.
(Both books may be available through the Long Valley Preservation SocietyP. O. Box 444, Donnelly, Idaho 83615, or at The Valley County Museum at Roseberry, Idaho.)

Fundraiser
Help fund new features!