NOTE: There is also a place named Upton (near Castor) in northeastern Northamptonshire.
Upton (near Northampton) is a civil parish northeast of Kislingbury and southwest of Dallington, in Northamptonshire, England about 3.5 miles (6 km) west of Northampton town centre along the A4500 road. Formerly a scattered hamlet, it is now part of the Northampton District. The area west of Northampton is now a major area of expansion of the town and is named Upton after the parish.
The 2001 UK census showed the parish's population was 590 people.
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Upton (near Northampton) from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
These two maps show the boundaries of the individual civil parishes in the county in 1900 and in 1944. Comparing the two on a local level allows one to understand the alterations (should there be any) which occurred during the interim period which are noted in the text above.