|Alt names||Lower Upham||source: settlement in parish|
|Type||Parish (ancient), Civil parish|
|Located in||Hampshire, England|
|See also||Meonstoke Hundred, Hampshire, England||ancient county division in which it was located|
|Fawley Hundred, Hampshire, England||ancient county division in which it was located until 1834|
|Bishops Waltham Hundred, Hampshire, England||ancient county division in which it was located after 1834|
|Droxford Rural, Hampshire, England||rural district of which it was part 1894-1974|
|Winchester District, Hampshire, England||district municipality covering the area since 1974|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the text in this section is based on an article in Wikipedia
Upham is a small village and civil parish in the Winchester District or City of Winchester of Hampshire approximately 7 miles south-east of Winchester. The village is divided into two parts: Upham, centred on the church to the north, and Lower Upham, centred on the post office and main road. The parish had a population of 616 in the UK census of 2011.
- Victoria County History of Hampshire, volume 3, chapter on Upham.
- GENUKI has a list of archive holders in Hampshire including the Hampshire Record Office, various museums in Portsmouth and Southhampton, the Isle of Wight Record Office and Archives.
- The Hampshire Online Parish Clerk project has a large collection of transcriptions from Parish Registers across Hampshire.
- A listing of all the Registration Districts in England and Wales since their introduction in 1837 together with tables listing the parishes that were part of each district and the time period covered, along with detailed notes on changes of parish name, mergers, etc. Do respect the copyright on this material.
- The three-storey City Museum in Winchester covers the Iron Age and Roman periods, the Middle Ages, and the Victorian period.
- Volumes in The Victoria County History Series are available for Hampshire through British History Online. There are three volumes and the county is covered by parishes within the old divisions of "hundreds".
- A collection of maps on the A Vision of Britain through Time website illustrating the English county of Hampshire over the period 1832-1932 (the last two are expandible):
- A group of maps of the post-1974 municipal districts or boroughs of Hampshire on Wikipedia Commons
Categories: Hampshire, England | Upham, Hampshire, England | Meonstoke Hundred, Hampshire, England | Fawley Hundred, Hampshire, England | Bishops Waltham Hundred, Hampshire, England | Droxford Rural, Hampshire, England | Winchester District, Hampshire, England